When asked to rate the ease with which they can access health care, only 26% of all Yemeni men and women report that medical services in their area are easily available (not shown). As shown in Figure 5, there are drastic differences in the availability of care between women in urban and rural areas, and between women in different regions.
- Almost half of rural women find medical services completely lacking. In contrast, only 2% of urban women report a complete lack of services.
- Across all regions of Yemen, most women report that medical care is not easily available or completely lacking, but among the different regions of Yemen, availability of care for women varies widely.
- Over half (53%) of women in the Western region completely lack medical care.
- Only 12% of women in the Eastern region, and 21% in the Southern region find medical care completely lacking.
- In the Eastern region, 61% of women cannot easily access care.